Thursday, January 21, 2010

What I Want

I've decided I want to be a writer. About 3 weeks ago I quit all the joking around and said, ok seriously, can I make this happen. Turns out I think I can. Unfortunately if this is going to happen, if a Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) in Creative Writing is going to be in the plan (which I believe it should be), it won't be happening till Fall of 2011.

What does this mean in terms of the whole oh Idk, --I've already applied to grad school for psychology-- thing, I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll end up changing my mind again as I often do, but I have to at least entertain the idea that I could make this work and go for it. I have to try.

When I really stopped and thought about it, I realized this is honestly something I've been prepping for my whole entire life, I just never thought it was realistic. But what I'm realizing, is you don't pick a lifestyle because it's realistic, you find a lifestyle you want and you make it realistic.

More to come.

1 comment: