Friday, April 3, 2009

I guess I'll wait

I knew it was just a matter of time for the bottom to fall out. I knew I just had to wait and it would happen without my really having to do anything. I felt only lukewarm about it for so long, which meant that it wasn't going to work. It's exactly what I was talking about a couple posts ago. I know I want to really feel things. For any normal person what we had would have been good and would have been enough but not for me. For me it has to extend far beyond just "good" and far beyond "enough". My expectations are so high, because they have to be. Honestly if I don't feel it in the first 5 minutes, I'm probably never going to feel it, and that's just a fact. It just has to be something so much deeper, so much more meaningful. It has to be so real and so undeniable that it slaps me in the face. That's just the way I am.

According to Copeland there's a love out there that transcends all that we know of ourselves....and I'm going to wait for that to come. I just have to be honest about what I need and what I want. I just have to keep holding on to hope that someday life will be amazing.

2 comments:

  1. There is another interpretation here. Transcend as defined in the dictionary is to exist above and independent of. See it? If not, continue:

    Love doesn't change what we know of ourselves, it changes the environment, or microscope that we view and interpret ourselves through.

    An analogy is an umbrella. An umbrella transcends above us when we allow it and prevents us from getting hit by the rain; it does not change who we are, but benefits us through a more dry environment. However, although it is great a lot of the time, sometimes you just want to play in the rain and want to get wet. The umbrella that lowers itself when it knows you need that, is the love that is worth keeping (thats why umbrellas are so much better than people because you always can lower them).

    Further analysis: Now, In the song Coffee, the proceeding lines are:

    And I'll wait for it to come
    I'll wait for it to come
    Well it's got to be strong to touch my heart
    Through its shell

    I guess I am saying that you can't "wait for it to come to pierce through the shell of your heart." It is independent of who you are, therefore you will still need to be honest about what you want and need even when you find love.

    Further, love does not meet all of this, nor will it change a majority of the things in your life, but it will change the outlook of your life. Who knows, your life could be amazing right now (I for one believe life in itself is a miracle which I would deem "amazing), and you just need the right pair of glasses to look at it. But as most of us without 20/20 vision know, you can't find the right pair of glasses without trying them on first and giving them a try...

    My Quote:

    "Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love."
    -Rumi, Persian poet and philosopher

    That is my feeling on love. It takes time, but the closer you get, the stronger the pull. If you are like me, you make this post anonymous because you don't want people to know some of your thoughts. It takes time for some people to open up; if someone intrigues you enough to look deeper, you probably should.

    Of course, you can interpret it in anyway you see fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High expectations are not a bad thing. I feel that even though you may have to wait longer to get what you want...when you get it..it is going to be so "DARK BLUE" that nothing else will matter.

    This is poetry to my ears Lo, and I'm thrilled to see you go through these changes...we are growing up.

    Life....it is so weird but so good...(and yes...I mean the cereal)

    ReplyDelete