Monday, March 2, 2009

Curing the Boredom

Thursday was a crazy day for me.
I went to the library at 1 and didn't leave until 9:30. During which I only took about 4 breaks lasting no more than 5 minutes at a time.
I walked out of that library feeling incredibly accomplished, and wondering why I can't approach more of my assignments, or just life projects in general, in such a productive fashion. I think that maybe its the fact that nothing else in the world seems to hold my attention or get me as excited as creative writing does, its true. Sometimes even people can't hold my attention that long.

I am always punishing people for their imperfections, and then loving others for theirs. This is, in fact, an imperfection of mine, to see the beauty in some, and not in others, to be intrigued only to the point of real extremities, and not the little things that we see so often everyday in books and magazines. I am bothered by this everyday monotony and I am bored with it, and thus I write off those who fall below my scale of interest or punish those that I am stuck with who do the same. Either way, to be boring and to be close to me is something of an anomaly.

I am finding that more and more by the day I am becoming bored with my life and its inhabitants and realizing it needs to be drastically changed. I need to find something to really sink my teeth into, to really get excited about...to really make a difference in.

I need to find an outlet.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for you to find that something. You deserve it!

    Is your laptop fixed yet? We haven't talked in decades I feel...

    Miss you

    ReplyDelete