Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What I'm Remembering I Want to Forget

I remember what its like to stand in the middle of an open field and reach my hands out in every direction and no one grabs on. I remember what its like to run down path after path, looking for landmarks, rivers, benches, trees, anything to lead me back to where I started, but everything seems exactly like it did at the last turn. I remember what its like to hurt so badly that it feels like my chest is slowly getting bigger and bigger and if one more thing happens, that little red keepsake will form a cavity, making its way out of my body.

I remember what its like to feel like I've already lost, no matter how many different attempts I make, no matter how long I practice, no matter how much work I put into it.

I don't ever want to feel that way again...
In fact, I want to come to forget the way this feels, so that I don't have to remember it any more.
Just something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully sad post.

    Oh, and my last post was not about you. I have no problem telling you that you smell right to your face. :)

    And..you WISH you were a lush. haha

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete