Monday, May 25, 2009

Swimming

I get this feeling sometimes that everything within my reach isn't worth having, and everything I can't have is being dangled in front of me and I am reaching out my arms to grab it, I am swimming through time and space and I am trying to get those things that I cannot have, that cake that I want to eat, that burn that I need to feel, that satisfaction that I can't stop chasing.

I think you are truly happy when you are no longer chasing anything. When you can sit still for more than 10 minutes at a time and not get completely bored. When you're not afraid of falling down because there's something holding you up. When you no longer have to think about what has happened or what is coming next, because you're so glad about what is happening right then, right now.

Are you happy with what is happening right now?

1 comment: