Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Let Go

We don't have to be the people we've always been afraid we would turn into. Everyone's got some degree of baggage or bullshit. But the difference between who we are and who we want to be lies within us. We have the capacity to initiate change. I can be secure, and loving, and kind despite having been, for so long, insecure, selfish, and judgmental. I realize now that the fear has always been to step outside of myself. To give. To care. To listen. To dance. To live. To be. I've been afraid of letting go of the scared little 10 year old in me for some time now, afraid that if I lost her then I'd lose myself completely. For who are we without our pain? What no one ever told me is that you shouldn't ever take your pain and build yourself a house around it. Instead, take your pain and embrace it, make it a part of you, and then open up the front door and let go. Cut the strings. Drop the controls. Fly free.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you open that door...the outside is promising.

    I still love you. I'm sure I always will no matter what distance is between us.

    I just wanted you to know that.

    You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete