Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nostalgia

I've been trying not to get too sentimental about this year ending, and up until now (the weekend before finals week) it's worked out pretty well. It's easy for me to ignore or overlook the fact that my undergraduate education is over, because I know I still have two more years here. I know at least half of my friends will still be here and a new one will be coming! (love you Bschenk) I know that all of the places that I love here, Bloomington Bagel, the Bluebird, the South Lounge in the Union, all of these places will still be here.

But as this pivotal moment in my life that is graduation is approaching, I'm realizing that I'm not just reflecting on the past four years, but the past eight years, the past sixteen years, the past twenty-three years. You think about who you were at those different times. You think about your goals and your aspirations and you wonder if you're everything you always wanted yourself to be. You wonder if you've made all the right choices, if you have any regrets, if you've grown at all.

There is a part of me that will always be a little kid, of this I am quite confident. There is also a part of me, and of this I am even more confident, that will always be a Hoosier. Indiana University, Bloomington, has been my home for four years. This is where I grew up. It has comforted me in the toughest of times and it has picked me up more times than I could ever thank it for. Honestly, I'm not sure I could have survived the last four years at any other university. The aesthetics of this campus mixed with the energy by the entire student body (even if it is just used towards partying haha) are what make me proud to call myself a Hoosier.

Thanks IU, for 4 solid life-changing years here, and I look forward to 2 more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment